Slimware Utilities Announces Public Beta for Cloud-Based Software That Cleans, Improves, Repairs Personal Computers
D'IBERVILLE, Miss., July 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Slimware Utilities, a cloud-based provider of data management and computer repair solutions, today launched the public beta for a suite of software products that use cloud technology and community-based input to improve the performance and function of personal computing products. The new products are available for free download at www.slimwareutilities.com.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100217/CL56709LOGO )
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20100217/CL56709LOGO )
Aimed at consumers who want faster computers and an error-free online experience, SlimComputer, SlimCleaner and SlimDrivers update, repair and optimize consumer devices, including PCs, tablets, netbooks, Smartphones and other wireless devices. Slimware Utilities uses cloud technology and a community-based approach to gather input from IT professionals and make unique, personalized decisions that improve computer hardware and software decisions.
"Community-based input will revolutionize PC performance," said Chris Cope, CEO of Slimware Utilities, Inc. "Our crowd-sourced approach lets users rate different applications and functions, leveraging the power of community for the first time in PC repair and maintenance. And, because we're cloud-based, we can combine all the tools that consumers need for repairing and updating software and hardware to provide the best, fastest, most convenient computing experience in an easy, one-step process."
SlimCleaner The IT professional's must-have, SlimCleaner uses cloud technology and a community-based approach to gather data from IT users and make unique, personalized optimizations to the software and to users' computers. With one-click accessibility, SlimCleaner establishes better connections between the operating system and the software that runs on it, boosts a computer's speed and creates a better, faster, online experience. In addition, the hijack section of SlimCleaner scans a computer to locate all start-up locations, Internet settings, network settings, system services, browser plug-ins and other Windows settings that can been modified or "hijacked" by third party or malicious applications. It then uses cloud technology and community-sourcing to compare against aggregated scan results in the cloud and make recommendations on what to remove or reset to default.
SlimComputer Essential for anyone buying a new computer, SlimComputer removes unused, pre-installed software from new computers for faster start-up times and enhanced performance. In addition, SlimComputer maintains stripped-away programs in the cloud for re-install later, if desired by the user. SlimComputer removes the bloat, and its cloud storage design lets consumers pick and choose any programs they want to re-install, for a personalized, customized computing experience.
SlimDrivers makes consumers' hardware, such as printers, work better. SlimDrivers is the industry's most advanced software for stabilizing, updating and repairing the connections between an operating system and computer hardware, such as printers, sound cards, video cards, Bluetooth devices and other peripherals. SlimDrivers uses crowd-sourcing to spider and aggregate millions of devices. Using a cloud-based system, SlimDrivers not only detects when a driver needs updating, but also identifies the proper executable for a system and starts the driver install automatically.
SlimCleaner Key Attributes:
- The world's first cloud-based solution for repairing and optimizing computers at the user level.
- Combines all the essential tools IT professionals need for cleaning, updating and maintaining computers in a single dashboard – powerfully built for tech-savvy users.
- Provides local-machine copies of the Slimware Utilities cloud databases in a proprietary format, which gives users offline access to many of the most commonly used features.
- Hijack section scans a computer to locate all start-up locations, Internet settings, network settings, system services, browser plug-ins, and other Windows settings that can been modified or "hijacked" by third party or malicious applications. SlimCleaner then uses cloud technology and community-sourcing to compare against aggregated scan results in the cloud and makes recommendations on what to remove or reset to default.
SlimComputer Key Attributes:
- Removes unused, pre-installed software, such as trial programs and promotions, from new machines.
- Maintains removed software in the SlimComputer cloud for re-install if later desired.
- Optimizes start-up and services processes using a community-based approach for recommendations.
- Allows users to remove and customize toolbars to restore original Internet experience.
- Speeds computer start-up and performance of an operating system and its software.
- Provides a single dashboard for access to powerful built-in Windows tools.
SlimDrivers Key Attributes:
- Identifies when a driver needs updating, identifies the proper executable for a system and starts the driver install automatically.
- Provides the best communication and function for sound cards, printers, video, motherboards, Webcams, Bluetooth devices, flip video devices, Smartphones, USB drives, routers, Windows and other peripherals and operating systems.
- Optimizes the interaction between software and hardware, making applications and devices run faster and minimizing system errors, freezes and crashes.
- Updates common software such as Windows, Adobe, Java.
- Updates third-party software and Windows, keeping systems free of security issues caused by out-of-date software.
- Installs missing information and updates existing drivers and software.
For more information, please visit www.slimwareutilities.com.
About Slimware Utilities
Slimware Utilities uses cloud-based technology to provide software and services that clean and connect widely distributed operating systems and applications. By providing products that improve interoperability, establish connections and increase efficiencies among consumers' Internet devices, Web browsers, hardware and other peripherals, Slimware Utilities improves how consumers manage and interact with their data – whether on their PC, netbook, tablet or other mobile device. Slimware Utilities products organize data and establish smoother, faster compatibility between operating systems and devices to help all of a consumer's computing functions run better, faster and more effectively. Headquartered near Biloxi, Mississippi, Slimware Utilities' cloud-based computing gives consumers a more integrated, holistic online experience. For more information, please visit www.slimwareutilities.com and www.fixcleaner.com/blog.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Slimware Utilities
Back to top