Slimware Utilities’ DriverUpdate™ Tool Makes Upgrading to Windows® 10 a Cinch
PC Software Solution Helps Automate and Ease Transition
New York, July 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ – Slimware Utilities Holdings, Inc., a leader in PC optimization solutions, today announced Windows® 10 compatibility
with its DriverUpdate™ product. DriverUpdate™ allows consumers to scan their system and, with its one-click premium feature, automatically update their drivers so
that all hardware (printers, scanners, monitors, video cards, and more) will work more smoothly with the new operating system. Slimware also shares five top tips to
transition to Windows® 10 seamlessly.
“While Windows® 10 offers terrific new features in terms of functionality, transitioning to a new operating system can cause problems in a PC if the right steps are not
taken to make sure that all components of the system are functioning well together,” said Bob Bryant, chief technology officer at Slimware Utilities. “Consumers will
want to update their PC’s drivers to make sure that their new Windows® 10 operating system communicates properly with their hardware, such as their printers, monitors,
scanners, joysticks, USB busses and video cards, to avoid loss of functionality.”
How it works in five steps:
- Understand how drivers work. Drivers are small pieces of software that allow a computer to communicate with hardware and devices. Without the correct
drivers, the hardware connected to a computer – for example, a video card or a printer – won't work properly.
- Get a clear profile. Run a scan with DriverUpdate™, which gives a clean, clear view of drivers that may need updating.
- Download up-to-date drivers. Once registered for the premium features available, simply pull the most up-to-date drivers from Slimware Utilities’ cloud.
The community-sourced software is constantly on the lookout, automatically detecting whenever new driver versions are released and pulling them into Slimware
Utilities’ cloud for storage.
- Update the right drivers. With its one-click premium feature, DriverUpdate™ automatically scans a computer, figures out what kind of hardware is present
and downloads the correct, up-to-date driver. This updated driver is delivered from the Slimware Utilities’ cloud database directly to the user’s PC.
- Drivers are automatically updated. One by one, the selected drivers begin their install processes automatically. DriverUpdate™ gives consumers the ability
to save time and effort by not worrying about choosing the right drivers. DriverUpdate™ helps software and hardware communicate efficiently, making
applications on a PC and its devices work together properly.
Make the transition to Windows® 10 smooth and successful by following these simple steps:
- Make a reservation for a free Windows® 10 upgrade. Microsoft is offering free upgrades to Windows® 10 when it becomes available, beginning July 29, 2015.
Users can register now to receive their free upgrade: http://www.microsoft.com/EN-US/windows .
- Back up important files before beginning. It’s better to be safe than sorry. As with any system upgrade or change, backing up the files and documents on your PC is always a good idea.
- Clean up PC. With a new OS, everything needs to run smoothly for a clean and fast experience. SlimCleaner Plus™ cleans and optimizes all PCs with the help of user-generated data.
- Update the software. Microsoft users should update their current operating system software before upgrading. For example, Windows® 7 users should be running Windows® 7 Service
Pack 1 (SP1), and Windows® 8 users should be running Windows® 8.1 (Update), according to Microsoft’s Windows® 10 FAQ.
- Update drivers. For those who may not want to spend time hunting for the correct driver software, using an automated solution will identify and install the exact drivers needed to make
all hardware work in perfect harmony with the new operating system.
DriverUpdate™ is available for $29.97, and can be downloaded at http://www.driverupdate.net.
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
No affiliation or endorsement is intended or implied.
About Slimware Utilities Holdings, Inc.
Operated by Mindspark Interactive Network, an IAC consumer applications business focused on providing software and application solutions,
Slimware Utilities automates the solutions to the world’s computer problems. Slimware Utilities’ cloud-based, crowdsourced software provides
consumers with personalized applications developed from the community input of IT users everywhere for improved PC performance. For more
information, please visit www.slimwareutilities.com.
Back to top