Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't update driver or incorrect hardware identification.

Can't update driver or incorrect hardware identification.

Hi,
    i have a Sony Vaio VPC-S11V9E with Seven 64 bit.
    The program shows me many driver update possibility but to try i have selected only the Atheros AR8131 (NDIS 6.20) and Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN.
    This is the release installed now:
    Atheros AR8131 (NDIS 6.20) Date 04/09/2009 - Version: 1.0.0.14
    Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN Date: 15/09/2009 Version: 13.0.0.107
    I have observed that the software, downloaded with SlimDrivers, during setup shows me another card model Atheros AR8151 PCI-E 1.0.0.36 and i thought:"is the same 81xx family" but probably is not correct because the installed driver is still 1.0.0.14.
    Also for the Centrino the setup shows me Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 Version 13.5.0.6 without the AGN and i thought:"AGN are only the supported standards" so let's try but nothing....the driver is still 13.0.0.107 release.
    have a little afraid to go forward. the drivers are important, and the program does not seem reliable enough. Do you have suggestions? Thank you.

Hello supergian,

Let me make sure I understand the facts:

You updated two hardware devices...
    Atheros AR8131 (NDIS 6.20) Date 04/09/2009 - Version: 1.0.0.14
    and
    Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN Date: 15/09/2009 Version: 13.0.0.107

And you are saying that after installing the updates for these devices, they are still the same version despite the updates having a greater version number?

Just want to be clear. Thanks.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.

Yes, exactly.
    I have tried more than one time running the exe file downloaded in the slimdriver folder.
    For the Centrino driver i have downloaded it from Intel but for the Atheros i can't found a driver avywhere.
    In my opinion these are not the right drivers.
    However when i scan the system with slimdriver program these two updates are no longer listened!
    Sorry foe my english.
    Thanks.

It is possible that the display version does not match the actual driver version. You'll also see instances of this seemingly erroneous information in regular software applications. It's not uncommon for the display version to be maintained until a significant change is made to the driver. If you have not experienced any decreases in performance or have suffered from any errors, then the drivers provided were the correct ones.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

I'm sorry but I disagree. After installing the drivers downloaded from Intel, version and date have been successfully updated. I can not believe that Windows shows a version of a driver other than in use. I stand by my opinion: either the drivers are wrong or the installation process does not work.
    Is there a way to verify what you support?
    Thank you.

SlimDrivers initializes the installation of the drivers, but does not process the installation itself so any problems with installation are due to faults within the driver's installer. Without further investigating your claims, I can't rightly take a position on this issue. I simply don't have enough data to do so. If a mistake has been made in the selection of drivers (which rarely happens) for your hardware devices, it can corrected but I will need some information first.

We need:
    1) The make and model of your computer
    2) The hardware Id's of the hardware devices in question.

To obtain the hardware id's:

1) Open the device manager
    2) Double-click the device to open the properties window
    3) Click the "Details" tab
    4) Click the drop-down menu and select "Hardware Ids"
    5) Copy and paste only the first hardware id (there's usually more than one) in your response.

ok, i will do it on Monday because the problem is on my notebook in office.
    Thanks again.

Thanks supergian! Looking forward to your response.

My notebook is a Sony Vaio VPC-S11V9E with Seven 64 bit and the id of the Atheros AR8131 PCI-E (NDIS 6.20) is:
    PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_1063&SUBSYS_9069104D&REV_C0
    There was the same problem with the Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN(i have update it with the driver downloaded from Intel):
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_422C&SUBSYS_13018086&REV_35
    Thanks.

Thank you supergian. We'll look into this further.