Thread: SlimDriver vs DriverMax

SlimDriver vs DriverMax

Hello,

I recently found your driver update program and decided to give it a shot, since it is receiving very good reviews and I'm not entirely pleased with my paid subscription to DriverMax Pro.

The issue is the differences between the two products' findings (I have attached a screen shot).

SlimDrive only shows 1 driver requiring updating while DriverMax lists 15.

My system is a Gateway 550GR, WinXP SP3, Home edition.

I also see this same inconsistency on my old Dell laptop running WinXP Pro, SP3.

Are these additional driver being identified by SlimDriver somewhere else? Am I missing something due to lack of familiarity with you product?

Regards,

Mike Johnson
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't really comment for or against Drivermax Pro but I can assure you that we keep the most up-to-date driver database. Although, it is possible that Drivermax Pro is offering the incorrect drivers. If Drivermax has a backup function that you can take advantage of, use it and then update the drivers. If any adverse behaviour occurs, you can restore the old drivers.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.

Ryan,

After I posted yesterday I noticed the only drivers SlimDrivers did not list were unsigned drivers. Could that be the reason for the discrepancy? SlimDrivers only identifies signed drivers?

MJ

No, SlimDrivers identifies the BEST drivers. Drivers are often released unsigned. SlimDrivers may recommend signed and/or unsigned drivers depending on which is the best for your computer.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    No, SlimDrivers identifies the BEST drivers. Drivers are often released unsigned. SlimDrivers may recommend signed and/or unsigned drivers depending on which is the best for your computer.

I would have to agree that DriverMax gives a lot of false positives, and is more risky to use than SlimDrivers.

Thanks for your input mitch.

Thumbs down dont mean to bump an old thread ...

Quote Originally Posted by mitchflorida View Post
    I would have to agree that DriverMax gives a lot of false positives, and is more risky to use than SlimDrivers.
    Totally agree with this post, most of them are false positives (my HP Laptop's webcam driver was updated to some weirdly named manufacturers driver - sunplusit ! )
    Just a heads up to future users... stay away from such programs...