Thread: Browser > Toolbar > Locked

Browser > Toolbar > Locked

I just updated SlimComputer and the scan keeps coming up with a Browser problem, which is a Toolbar showing "Locked". I have searched FAQ's, Google the forums, etc and can't seem to find an answer regarding what this is. Can anyone provide information about this. Avast!, SuperAntiSpyware, MalwareBytes, HitmanPro, do not seem to find any spyware, so I am not too concerned, but I would like to find an explanation for this item. Thanks.

Is this in the main Cleaner scan or the Browser dialog? There is typically an entry for "Default" or "Locked" for some browsers. These entries are just the default module through which all other extensions and plug-ins interface with the browser. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Is this in the main Cleaner scan or the Browser dialog? There is typically an entry for "Default" or "Locked" for some browsers. These entries are just the default module through which all other extensions and plug-ins interface with the browser. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Ryan, thanks for your response. The entry is in the Browser dialog. I don't understand your explanation about "default" or "locked for some browsers. I have three browsers on the pc - IE9, Firefox6, and Chrome, using them alternately, so I am not sure which one is involved. I appreciate any help you can provide. I have had the browsers for quite some time and there are no problems indicated, nor was SlimComputer indicating there is a problem until I updated from 1.1. to 1.2 yesterday. Thanks.

Are you experiencing any abnormal computer behaviour? It shouldn't hurt anything to just remove that entry from the browser dialog if it is bothering you. SlimComputer isn't reporting a problem, it is simply identifying this module and showing it to you. It's marked for removal because the community consensus is that it is unneeded.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

Thanks -will remove it and see how it goes.

I removed it from my personal computer and did not experience any adverse effects; then again, I rarely use Internet Explorer. You can always restore it if worst comes to worst. One of my favorite functions of our apps.

Thanks for the answers . Appreciated