Thread: Anyone know what "Dogpile Bundle Toolbar" is

Anyone know what "Dogpile Bundle Toolbar" is

My wife got on the computer today and now I have some "Dogpile Bundle Toolbar" on my PC. I have no idea how it got there and I want it off if it's malware. Any info would be great!

Thank,
    Chris.

This software is a package that often comes included with other software downloaded on the web. While this software is not explicitly considered malware, it may however adjust your Internet search settings to display results which are less than desirable. To remove the software, use SlimCleaner's uninstall function to delete it.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Ryan
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This software is a package that often comes included with other software downloaded on the web. While this software is not explicitly considered malware, it may however adjust your Internet search settings to display results which are less than desirable. To remove the software, use SlimCleaner's uninstall function to delete it.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Ryan
    Thanks for replying Ryan. I'll go ahead and uninstall it with SlimCleaner, I just didn't really know what it was and this is a new PC that I'd like to keep as clean as possible. I had a lot of headaches with my last PC and I NEVER want to go back there again.

Chris

Is it similar to the "infamous" Ask Toolbar?

It is not uncommon for the Ask Toolbar to be installed with other software packages so it is similar in that regard. However, the most important thing to remember is to read the installation dialogs. You often have the option to refuse the installation of additional software offers when installing applications. These options are traditionally presented as check boxes that are enabled by default, thus causing you to agree to the installation if you are rapidly proceeding through the installation. One of the first steps to a safe computer is awareness and of course, software updates.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.