Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hangs on "ShortCuts"

Administrator
    Hi Debit, please try running the program in safe mode. To run in safe mode start your computer and tap the "F8" key until a safe mode menu is loaded. Note, if you see the normal Windows loading screen then you have missed the safe mode menu and will need to restart your computer.

XP pro PC cannot get pas shortcuts

3 tries to complete the process. Software remains at shortcut scan for 2 hours all 3 tries and then crashes with a small error bubble message that does not stay visible long enough to screen snapshot. using latest download. pc specs pentium 4 3.4 ghz 3gb ram 80gb hard drive

I'm having the same situation. It just gets to Shortcuts and then runs forever. Has there been an answer yet?

SlimComputer hangs on Shortcuts

I just checked for updates and I must have the latest version and it too hangs up on Shortcuts. Are there any fixes for this yet?

Thanks,

jbacinti

"Shortcuts" Hang Up

Mine has been doing this for months. It goes through the first three steps fine but locks up on "Shortcuts." Also, if I unclick "shortcuts," it operates just fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hello acesmades,

This is a known issue with recursive shortcuts. When the scanning engine goes through the shortcuts, it may find a shortcut that points to another shortcut that points to itself or another shortcut in the same directory, thus causing the engine to get stuck in a loop. We're aware of the problem and working on a solution, but in the mean-time you may deselect shortcuts or resolve the recursive shortcuts/folders yourself.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.

by me it was with online access and firefox, on the next day i try it again without internet and firefox-zing, it ok :-)

got lots of information by coming to this thread