Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hangs on "ShortCuts"

Hangs on "ShortCuts"

When running a system scan with SlimComputer v1.2, it scans Applications, Toolbars, and Startup Items but hangs or loops on Startup Items (I let it run all night and it still was on the same item this morning). Any suggestions?

Correcting Myself

The subject title is okay but in my message, I should have stated that it hangs or loops when scanning "Shortcuts" (not "Startup Items").

exclusive54,

Can you reproduce the app freeze? Does it happen every time?
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.

Hangs on "ShortCuts"

Yes, it hangs every time on "ShortCuts". If I abort, deselect "ShortCuts", and run the application again, it runs okay. I'm using XP3 and IE8 on a HP Compaq Presairo 2195. Richard

It has been several days since the report of your incident and we have released new versions during that time. Please upgrade to the latest version and see if you are still having the problem. Several bug fixes were implemented that may correct your problem. You can update here: http://download.cnet.com/SlimCleaner...html?part=dl-0

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

Wrong Answer and Link?

The link you sent to me was for SlimCleaner. The problem I am having is with SlimComputer. I downloaded the latest version of SlimComputer from CNET and the problem remains the same.

Richard

I apologize for the inconvenience exclusive54. We'd like to extend an offer to provide you with remote support to fix this problem. Please check your private messages for details.

We've observed that this problem is typically caused by file junctions and recursive short cuts. To correct this problem, we will provide remote support for you if you are interested.

Has SlimComputer hang when scanning ShortCuts been fixed?

I just downloaded SlimComputer v1.3. It hangs when scanning ShortCuts. Has this bug been fixed yet?

Thanks.

Same here - hangs at ShortCuts

I have the same problem. Checked to be sure I have the latest version. Not only hangs/loops but runs the CPU at 100% while stuck! Anyone have a solution? Thanks. ~Debit