Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google chrome extensions' settings are removed after running slimcleaner

OK, hold everything. It isn't the cache cleaning, it was a specific "Google Data" cookie that was erasing the settings. I turned off cache cleaning, and bam, AdBlock was still reset, so I knew that let the cache out of the question. I then cleaned all of the cookies and refired up Chrome. I then looked for a specific cookie regarding AdBlock, but I already have that cookie ignored so that wasn't it. I saw 3 cookies, 2 were ad cookies and one had a long name, like "Chrome Data..........." sorry, I didn't read the cookie before I selected it to be ignored, I ignored it, cleaned with SlimCleaner (cache and cookies) and it worked!

Where can I find the ignored items? I looked in stettings > cookies, but that long named Google Data cookie is not in that list. Is there another place it would show so I can tell you what it is?

We need the name of that cookie, please.

Click Settings >> Cleaner

In the ignores panel of the Cleaner tab you will find all items you've manually excluded from the cleaner results.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.

The cookie to ignore to keep AdBlock's settings is C:\USERS\OWNER\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\LOCAL STORAGE

Is that the full path to the cookie? The reason this didn't show up in the "Recognized Cookies" list in Settings is because the cookie manager handles cookies on a domain level. Basically, it preserves cookies from a particular site like 'facebook.com' or 'google.com'. The cookie for adblock doesn't have a domain so it's not recognized by the cookie manager. As you've already discovered, you can still exclude it from the cleaning results to preserve it.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

I'm not sure if that is the entire path. There are .... after the end (STORAGE....) but I can't for the life of me figure out a way to show the entire path. I can highlight it, but I can't copy it, or place my curser in it to extend it??

You can extend the "Path" column by dragging it's border to the right of the panel. You'll notice the scroll area become larger as you continue to drag the "Path" column.

C:\USERS\OWNER\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\LOCAL STORAGE\CHROME-EXTENSION\_GIGHMMPIOBKLFEPJOCNAMGKKBIGIDOM_0.LOCAL STORAGE

Holy Heck, that was fun to type out!!

Thank you D Bone. We'll look into this further.

It's pretty obvious that these are not cookies but the extension's local settings store. You have no business deleting these files.

Edit: It's an SQLite database.