Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google chrome extensions' settings are removed after running slimcleaner

Google chrome extensions' settings are removed after running slimcleaner

Whenever I run slimcleaner on my system, all google chrome extensions' settings are removed. And I have to re-configure them.

Hello azad,

What version of Windows are you running and what version of Chrome are you using? You can check the version of Chrome by clicking on the wrench icon and then selecting "About Google Chrome".
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.

Same here - exactly.

Windows 7 64-bit. Chrome version 13.0.782.99 beta-m.

Thanks guys. Ill make sure this gets looked into. Its most likely contained to the 13.0 beta version. Please download the latest debug version and post back the last lines of the console window immediately.

azad - what version of chrome are you running?
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

Could you also please clarify which settings are being reset?

W7 x64 Home Premium. Google Chrome Stable 13.0.782.112. AdBlock 2.4.23. I just replaced Ccleaner with SlimCleaner and I'm very happy with my decision, except for when I clean Chrome's browser cache, AdBlock gets reset to the default settings. After installing AdBlock, I tweak the settings to my liking, and they all always get reset to the factory default settings.

I think I understand the problem better now. I'll get with the development team to see if we can figure out why this is happening.

Thanks everyone.

Any settings stored in the cache will be cleaned out if you select the "Cache" option for the Chrome web browser in the cleaner options. Unfortunately, we are unable to selectively remove data from the cache due to the way the data in the cache is stored. Simply, when the cache is cleaned, it's all cleaned. I would suggest exporting your adblock settings to a spreadsheet or text file that you can restore from. I am sorry that we were unable to assist you further with this problem.

Ok, that makes sense. But just so your team knows, I ran CCleaner for over 2yrs and I had it set to clean everything that SlimCleaner does, including the cache, cookies (I set many cookies to ignore to facilitate log-in on my favorite web sites) history, ect... and CCleaner never reset my Chrome extensions, even with cache cleaning. I used it every night and always with the same settings. I tell you that so you have all the info you need.

Now that does make the conversation more interesting. We'll run some lab tests to see if we can't reproduce this problem and possibly identify a quick solution. Otherwise, it may be some time before we can get to it due to our growing to-do list. Thanks for your understanding and your feedback.