Thread: Laptop is running slow, am I infected?

Laptop is running slow, am I infected?

Please see Hijack Log attached, do you need more info?
    TIA
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm not an expert or anything, but have you ran SlimCleaner? Judging by the amount of information in that log, I would suggest doing so. Alot of times, a buildup of little things can cause computer slow down. When you run it, I'd look at your startup items as well. I'm sure an admin or dev is taking a look at your log file to ensure that you're not infected, until then I'd do a quick cleanup, and see if that helps!

Administrator
    Hi JimmyJacko,

The log file shows a lot of re-direct type of infections. Are you currently running any antivirus software? Please try booting the computer in safe mode by trying the following:

1 . Click Start and then click Shut Down.

2. In the drop-down list of the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK.

3. As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, press F8.

4. Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate safe mode option, and then press ENTER.

Once you are in safe mode please run a scan using your antivirus software, if you currently do not have one, I recommend trying Microsoft Security Essentials, which is free to download using the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/secur...s/default.aspx

Please let us know if you have any further issues. Thank you.

Regards,
    Nav

Hey

Hello guys, cool forum you have