Thread: "there was a problem optimizing your pc"

"there was a problem optimizing your pc"

Hi!

I had to re-install Windows 8.1 pro from 32 bit to 64. Yesterday I made a snapshot, saved it on an external HD and today I did the re-install. But when I try to restore from the snapshot, I just get the message "there was a problem optimizing your pc" (in Danish since I'm from Denmark).

Anyone know what to do? Pretty frustrating when I thought I had everything under control!

Hey Agersten, so let me make sure I understand the steps you took when you attempted to restore the computer using the recimg snapshot...

1. Computer is running Windows 8.1 PRO 32 Bit
    2. Recimg snapshot is made with RecImg Manager
    3. Windows 8.1 PRO 64 Bit is installed
    4. Attempt to restore 32 bit image over 64 installation with RecImg Manager (fails)

Is that correct?
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.

yeah that sounds about right

oh well nevermind, cause I just managed to delete my snapshot completely so I guess it doesn't matter now... *sigh* thanks anyway!

I am very sorry Agersten. Windows will not allow you to restore a 32 bit image on top of a 64 bit installation. Operating systems are not cross-platform compatible, especially not when moving from 64 down to 32 bit technology. I apologize for any inconvenience. Perhaps we should be communicating this point better in the application.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.