Thread: RecImg Manager won't install

RecImg Manager won't install

Hi Ryan,

I wish, I could congratulate on a great piece of software, but it is too early for that, since RecImg_Manager won't even install.
    I have downloaded the RecImg_Manager-setup.exe (3 times!).
    On launching and accepting the eula, a small window opens, saying "Element not found"

I am running Win8.1, after upgrading from Win8 and from Win7 before that.
    My computer is a Lenovo T440s manufacured in December 2013.

Any ideas?

Regards

Ruebe

We're trying to reproduce this install behaviour now. I'll get back with you on our findings soon.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.

Hey ruebezahl, try downloading RecImg Manager from here. Let me know how it goes.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

Hi Ryan,

I managed to solve this issue, which, although superficially not directly connected to your RecImg Mgr, may still be of interest to you and other users.
    I got the hint from browsing through the General section of the forum.

I never use MSIE, much prefer Firefox and Opera, so I never bothered to set up the Internet Properties.
    Specifically: Internet Properties>Connections>LAN Settings>Select "Automatically detect settings"
    I actually had the next option selected: "Use automatic configuration script" which defaults to http://127.0.01......, which meant, that MSIE could not open ANY site. After selecting the former option, the RecImg Mgr installed and launched fine.

BUT

Now RecImg Mgr fails reproducibly with "Backup fails" and no other error code after executing Stage 1 and stage 2 ("compiling image") twice.

I have a 500GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD with 3 partitions.
    Partition 1 is Win8.1 (no Upgrade yet, waiting till I have an image to restore...)
    Partion 3, some 60GB, intended for a dual boot Linux and is not yet even formated.
    Partition 2 about 250GB has >240GB free and this is where I chose to store the image (as a trial only, I know it's not a good idea to store recovery images on the system volume..)

Any ideas on this new issue?

Regards

ruebe

Hey ruebe,

Thanks for the follow up. It's odd but not a great stretch of the imagination that configuring IE in this way would cause problems since IE is such an integral part of Windows, the actual browser notwithstanding.

As for this new issue, could you please upload the log files from your failed backup attempt?

Thanks.

ruebezahl,

Can you share the exact contents of the "Use automatic configuration script" field?

I tried to reproduce the installation behaviour with "http://127.0.01" but was unable to.