Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mapped NAS Drive not visible as a Target Drive

Mapped NAS Drive not visible as a Target Drive

I am trying to setup the Target locations for both Data Backups and Windows System Backups to be my NAS drive which I have connected to my network. I have mapped the drive so it is accessible on my machine. However, when I use your SlimImage software it doesn't appear as a choice. What can I do for it to appear?

Thanks,
    Dave

I need to know more about the NAS itself. What kind of NAS is it? How is the NAS connected to the network? Is it just a drive connected to a router or is it a stand-alone computer? If so, what operating system is being used?
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I need to know more about the NAS itself. What kind of NAS is it? How is the NAS connected to the network? Is it just a drive connected to a router or is it a stand-alone computer? If so, what operating system is being used?
    The NAS is a Western Digital Mybook Live which is connected directly to a router.

Try mapping the drive using the "net use" command in command prompt. First, unmap the drive before trying this. And be sure to run the command prompt as an administrator.

Example:

Code:
    net use x: \\servername\folder /persistent:yes
    Last edited by Ryan; 02-28-2014 at 10:02 AM.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

Try mapping the drive using the "net use" command in command prompt. First, unmap the drive before trying this. And be sure to run the command prompt as an administrator.

Example:

Code:
    net use x: \servername\folder /persistent:yes
    I tried this and it did not work. To be clear, the drive is mapped, visible, and accessible under file explorer but not in your utility.

Thanks,
    Dave

Let's set up a remote support connection so that I may try to diagnose the issue. I'll send you a private message with more details.

EDIT: I noticed in my last post that I made an error in typing out the command. I left off a "\". Please try running the command again in command prompt. This is what it should look like...

Code:
    If the drive requires user authentication, you can pass in your credentials like so...

Code:
    net use x: \\servername\folder /username:password /persistent:yes
    Last edited by Ryan; 02-28-2014 at 10:05 AM.

Let's set up a remote support connection so that I may try to diagnose the issue. I'll send you a private message with more details.

EDIT: I noticed in my last post that I made an error in typing out the command. I left off a "\". Please try running the command again in command prompt. This is what it should look like...

Code:
    If the drive requires user authentication, you can pass in your credentials like so...

Code:
    net use x: \\servername\folder /username:password /persistent:yes
    Ryan,

I never received a private message from you to setup the remote session. Interestingly, I was able to get the NAS drive to show up but then today none of my network drives are now showing up. I can now only see my fixed drives. Outside of the slimware product everything is functioning perfectly

I resent the message. Please check your private messages here on the forum.

Target Drive limited to my physical Drives

I can only select Drive C and D when trying to create a backup. None of my network or Homegroup drives are visible to your software. Also, My NAS drive isn't visible either. All of the drives are visible and usable in Windows explorer.

david, please check your private messages here on the forum to set up a remote support session. To do this, look in the top, right-hand corner of the browser window, click on the Notifications drop-down menu and click inbox.