Thread: No ratings in Uninstaller section?

No ratings in Uninstaller section?

I'm using version 1.3 of SlimComputer & have noticed a possible bug it. I get Community Ratings in all sections, except the Uninstaller, there it says they are all Unrated. Since I get the Ratings in the other sections & I can swear that Uninstaller have the Ratings earlier, is there a bug in the current version?

Update: I just noticed that the Services section in Optimize, is acting the same way & again I swear that the Ratings used to work there as well.
    Last edited by Rizathivax; 01-23-2014 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Update

There might be a problem on our end. The ratings are sent to you from our cloud database. The behaviour you are describing may occur if there is heavy server load.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.

It thought that at first but it's been this way for at least two weeks now, plus you can switch to other sections & watch the Ratings load, then switch back with no change in the mentioned sections (they still show "Be the first to Rate this item").

This added to what I describe in my thread "Rating system lagging or broken?", where the only Rating shown was the one I had just done, points to a coding bug unless each section is loading the Ratings from a different server?

Try this... First, close the program completely. Make a backup of the %localappdata%\SlimWare Utilities Inc\SlimComputer folder. Just navigate to that location and rename the SlimComputer folder to "SlimComputer.bak". Launch SlimComputer and observe results.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

Ok, done & done. No change, also looking around, the Browser section is also not showing the Ratings in any of the Tabs.

Now for some more information, I can watch the Community Ratings change from grey to the five pale colors (hover-over shows "Be the first to Rate!") when I hit "Refresh", so it's not that it isn't not trying, plus there is no error message (that I can see).

Update: Also all the other information is showing for the noted sections, Cloud Av, Path, Publisher, etc. are being shown, just not the Ratings.
    Last edited by Rizathivax; 01-23-2014 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Update

The issue is on our end. We're looking into it.

EDIT: Found the issue. Should be fixed now.
    Last edited by Ryan; 01-23-2014 at 04:03 PM.

THanks for the question and answers