Thread: Simply Doesn't work..

Wink Simply Doesn't work..

Hi Guys,

Thanks for trying to make a useful product and also making it available as freeware. Unfortunately it just doesn't work. I don't mean to be rude with my post but just wanted to let you know that they way the product is advertised suggests it is installed and then works automagically to backup the O/S and Program files.. all very smooth and with very little effort on the part of the user..

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program three times, tried to run a backup and it fails at 30% or 50% or 90%, rebooted my PC multiple times but still no luck. It does seem that I am not alone with this issue looking at your forum and I am sure there are others that have the issue and just uninstall the program and don't let you know about it.. I thought it made more sense to provide you some feedback..

I have uninstalled the product now and don't intend to spend any more time trying to resolve the issue.. the problem I have is the same as being reported elsewhere on the forum:

2013-12-01 10:04:21.896: E: Attempting to delete failed snapshot directory: J:\RecImg Snapshots\20131201095608
    2013-12-01 10:05:03.393: E: GetConfigurationDetails for : 80070490
    2013-12-01 10:05:03.772: E: pcname: MANDM-PC
    2013-12-01 10:05:03.810: E: pcname: MANDM-PC
    2013-12-01 10:05:05.214: E: Attempting to delete failed snapshot directory: J:\RecImg Snapshots\20131201100422
    2013-12-01 10:05:05.393: E: GetConfigurationDetails for : 80070490

Thanks and good luck getting this sorted..

Cheers
    M

mlsred, thanks for your feedback. I hope you'll check back on this post to answer a couple other questions. What other software are you running on your computer? Do you have any other backup programs running? Antivirus? Firewall? File storage applications like Dropbox, etc.?
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.

Hello Ryan, it's nice to see you are still here. I've been here in the past that's how I remember you, and I'm writing now to unfortunately say ditto in regards to this post. I gave up on the back up product quite a long time ago after trying it about every 3 months. I'm actually here in the neighborhood because I love the driver checker/down-loader, and wanted to pay for it, but somehow it's turned into a free product after politely hounding me to try the paid version. Anyway, that issue is easy, but I had to comment here mainly because I love the backup program too! Darn it. Drop box? What? Yes. Why? Rob

Yep, still proudly serving the SlimWare Community The issue with RecImg Manager is unfortunate but we are doing everything we can to work around these shortcomings in Microsoft's design. The problem is with volume mount points in the system that recimg.exe can't find or can't access. Programs like TrueCrypt and sometimes DropBox can cause these issues.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.

BoxCryptor has messed with recimg in the past for me. I still pop in once in a while to check. I love the program and functionality. Mount points are definitely kryptonite to this app.