Thread: DriverUpdate

DriverUpdate

How can I remove this progam from my computer? When I hit uninstall it refuses to allow the process. It instead asks if I want to allow the program to make changes to the computer. The answer is no I want it uninstalled.

Hello Curious,

You must be running either Windows Vista or 7. The message dialog you are seeing is the User Account Control. It is asking for your permission to proceed with uninstallation. If you do not click Yes to this message, you will be unable to uninstall the software. By clicking no, you are yourself denying the uninstallation of the software. I hope this clears up the meaning of that message dialog.

If I may ask, why are you uninstalling DriverUpdate? Can you give me any feedback about your experience with our software? Perhaps you could explain what you liked and didn't like about it and offer some suggestions concerning areas that we might be able to improve.

Thanks
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.

DriverUpdate Will Not Uninstall!

Todays date is October 5th, 2013. I found the the following quotes on the internet while looking for a way to get DriverUpdate off of my computer. The publisher is showing as SlimWare Utilities, the version is 2.2.30452 and the size is 32.6MB. I don't know how it was installed on my computer but I want it off. However when I try to uninstall it the uninstall is interrupted and a pop-up comes up saying "The application should be closed before beginning the INSTALL" and the only application showing below this message in the box is DriverUpdate. It acts as if I am asking that it be INSTALLED and NOT UNINSTALLED. I consider this a very dangerous virus and want to know how to get this off of my computer immediately. Is it usual and customary for SlimWare Utilities to put out something that has animated advertisements on every search engine page I pull up to do a search??? And it is indeed a product of SlimWare Utilities as the publisher is given in the install/uninstall process. I want this dangerous virus and bloatware off of my computer. Please let me know how to best get it off as quickly as possible.

Curious
    Badges

DriverUpdate

How can I remove this progam from my computer? When I hit uninstall it refuses to allow the process. It instead asks if I want to allow the program to make changes to the computer. The answer is no I want it uninstalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Hello Curious,

You must be running either Windows Vista or 7. The message dialog you are seeing is the User Account Control. It is asking for your permission to proceed with uninstallation. If you do not click Yes to this message, you will be unable to uninstall the software. By clicking no, you are yourself denying the uninstallation of the software. I hope this clears up the meaning of that message dialog.

If I may ask, why are you uninstalling DriverUpdate? Can you give me any feedback about your experience with our software? Perhaps you could explain what you liked and didn't like about it and offer some suggestions concerning areas that we might be able to improve.

Thanks

hirize, DriverUpdate is not a virus. There may be some confusing messaging in the uninstallation dialogs, which I will look into, but DriverUpdate is very easy to uninstall. It is no different than any other Windows application. Please follow these instructions HERE to remove DriverUpdate.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

If Curious Badges is having the same problem as I am, then clicking either no OR yes to the User Account Control produces the same outcome i.e. program remains installed!
    I downloaded the Driver Update inadvertently and after numerous failed attempts to uninstall find myself on this site.

Just read post hirize Badges and, yes, ditto!!

Anyone out there have the answer to this?

Diana22, DriverUpdate is uninstalled the same way any other program is. In my previous post, I linked to the instructions for uninstalling DriverUpdate. Simply go into control panel, select DriverUpdate and click uninstall. Click "Yes" when the UAC prompt comes up and follow the on-screen instructions.

It is precious updates for me. Thanks for the nice sharing on the forum.