Thread: unistalling driver update

unistalling driver update

I have driver update loaded as a trial, and do not wish to purchase. The problem is I can't uninstall the software. When I try from my control panel (uninstall programs) its tell me I dont have admin rights. I am the admin of this computer so whats the story with this? If I try to uninstall from programs in my C>driver its tells me that there are files open and cant delete....Please advise on how to properly unistall this software thanks Jim

Hello jamcrky,

I'm sorry to hear that you are uninstalling DriverUpdate. Before uninstalling, look in the system tray at the bottom right-hand corner of the Desktop screen and make sure DriverUpdate has been closed from the system tray. If it is open, right-click the icon and close DriverUpdate. You should now be able to uninstall DriverUpdate from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. Please try free SlimDrivers here. It is completely free.
    Thanks for using the forums! Your feedback helps us to improve our software every day.

New to SlimWare? Check out our Facebook page for the all of the latest news and goings on here at SlimWare Utilities, inc.

We are user-friendly software. Check out all of our products here.

Angry Please I need a new resolve

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Hello jamcrky,

I'm sorry to hear that you are uninstalling DriverUpdate. Before uninstalling, look in the system tray at the bottom right-hand corner of the Desktop screen and make sure DriverUpdate has been closed from the system tray. If it is open, right-click the icon and close DriverUpdate. You should now be able to uninstall DriverUpdate from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. Please try free SlimDrivers here. It is completely free.
    Your solution doesn't allow the program to be uninstalled. It only gives you the uninstall option, whereas prior with program in sys.tray open, the uninstall feature wasn't in banner line next to install. Now the program is still on my laptop "toshiba" and unable to uninstall...or so it seems, because it is still installed. This is the advertising to be a unlimited install and once installed, advises you need to purchase the program as the problems diagnosed would otherwise NOT be repaired. I did not want to be tricked into another program being on my laptop without my knowledge I had to purchase. The program got it's grimy little hooks into my laptop. Why? am I uninstalling? Read above and this will give you the answer of being a deceptive lure. Can you help to remove this program?